Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Adventures of Lucas

As many of you know Lucas is such a character. Therefore, I thought I would take a couple of minutes and share with you some stories that have happened the last couple of months.

The other day I was getting ready for us to go somewhere and all of a sudden I hear Lucas talking in the family room. I leave my bathroom and head to the family room to find Lucas sitting on the ground next to Caleb (who is in the bouncer) reading him his children's Bible. It was the cutest thing ever. Af course he was just saying a bunch of random words but it was so precious to see.

Along with Lucas reading his bible to his brother, for the past couple of weeks the bible has been his new favorite toy. He takes it everywhere with him. The other day we were heading to our Wednesday Bayside Playgroup and I thought Lucas would leave his bible in the car but he would not get out of the car unless he could bring his bible with him. Such a character.

Last Thursday I went to Sunrise Church MOPS and put Lucas in the two year old class. When I came to pick him up the teachers were telling me how much they love watching him and what a character Lucas is. They said he was Skipping all through the classroom and having so much fun. They can't wait to watch him get older and the little man he becomes, either can I.

Lucas loves to say "No & Why." These are his two favorite words right now. He will ask us a question, we will tell him the answer and then he will always say, "WHY." At first it was very cute now it is starting to get annoying!!!

This last Monday, it snowed in Rocklin. It was so much fun to wake up and see all the snow on the ground. Well I took Lucas outside to see the snow and he was so funny. He started talking to the snow. He goes on to tell the snow that he was eating gold fishes and they were yummy. So hilarious. I started laughing and then got on the phone immediately and told Joe the story.

Lucas is also going through this phase where he loves to wear mommies shoes. Whenever I am getting ready he will always come into our room and pull out my heals and put them on. He is so cute walking around the house with mommies shoes on.

Lucas loves his baby brother, Caleb. He calls his "my baby." He gets very concerned with his brother. If Caleb starts to cry he immediately lets me know, "mommy baby crying" as if I can't hear that Caleb is crying. Whenever we are going "bye bye" he always makes sure that "baby" is going with us. He doesn't want to go anywhere without baby coming, as if I would leave Caleb at home by himself during the day with no one to watch him.

Lucas loves to go "bye bye." Every morning when he wakes up one of the first things that comes out of his mouth is "bye bye?" He always wants to know if we are going "bye bye" that day.

Lucas is a big fan of his pajamas. He ALWAYS wants to wear his pajamas. He would even want to wear them out in public if I would let him. Even if we have gone somewhere that morning and we are coming home for a nap, he has to put his pajamas on before he will take a nap. On black Friday Walmart was having pajamas sets for $3.00, we picked up 4 sets for Lucas just because of how much he loves his pajamas.

Lastly, a couple nights ago, Joe was home with Lucas and saw him do the funniest thing. He picked up his play cell phone and told Joe that he was going to call his friend, Ella. He then goes on and says, "Hello, you coming over, cool, bye bye." Joe just started laughing. It is so amazing how kids watch things that we do and pick up on them so fast. I still can't believe that he did that. We will never put anything past him. He is such a funny kid!!!

So these are some funny stories of Lucas over the past couple of months. We truly love our 2 year old boy. He keeps us laughing ALL the time. He has such a fun, charasmatic personality and we are very excited to see his personality grow more and more every day.

No comments: